Minced Pork V2
~600g pork mince
2 tbs ginger, sliced thinly
2-3 cloves of garlic, sliced thinly
2 stalks of spring onions, sliced thinly
4 dried shiitake mushrooms (soaked and sliced thinly)
2 tbs Shaoxing wine/Mijiu
2-3 tbs dark soy sauce
2-3 tbs oyster sauce
1 tsp sugar
1. Heat pan; sesame oil + canola oil
2. Stirfry garlic and ginger until fragrant. Add the spring onions
3. Add mince, brown well.
4. Add shiitake mushrooms
5. Add the rest of the condiments, mix well.
from taste.com: http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/368/
Pumpkin and Feta Muffins
(most delicious muffin I've had!)
Salt and pepper to taste
2 cups/255g pumpkin (cut into 1/2 inch cubes)
1 large handful of baby spinach leaves, chopped
2-3 stalks of spring onions, chopped (originally 2 tbs of chopped parsley/cilantro)
100g cubed feta
3/4 cup/30g grated Parmesan
2 tsp djion mustard (originally whole-grain mustard)
2 large eggs
3/4 cup milk
2 cups of self-rising flour
1 tsp of baking powder
1 tsp salt
Adapted from a recipe from 101Cookbooks: http://www.101cookbooks.com/archives/
1. Preheat oven 200C, rack on second tier. Grease muffin pan (12hole) very thoroughly with oil spray.
2. Toss pumpkin with olive oil, salt and pepper on baking tray. Arrange in single layer and bake for 15 mins. Set aside to cool.
3. In mixing bowl: 2/3 of pumpkin, spinach, spring onions, parmesan, 2/3 feta and mustard. Gently fold together.
4. In separate bowl: beat eggs and milk together. Add to squash mixture.
5. Sift flour and baking powder on squash mixture, add salt and generous amt of black pepper. Fold gently, just until batter comes together.
6. Fill each hole 3/4 full with batter. Top with remaining feta. Bake for 15 mins. Check. Shift rack to 1st tier, then bake for another 2-4 mins, until toothpick comes out dry. Let cool then put on cooling rack.